Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Why I decided to start this Blog

My priorities are the safety of my loved ones and also the safety of their home. I will be posting  some of the preventions and items I have used to help with both my Mom and Mother in law’s conditions and their homes while they were able to still be at home alone and still be somewhat independent. My mom has had Alzheimer’s disease for over 12 years and my mother in law has recently been diagnosed with Dementia. My wife and I with the help of some home health aides we were able to keep my mom safe and at her home for over 10 years with her condition.  Unfortunately, my Mom became wheel chair bound about two years ago. My mother in law is in the early stages so we are implementing the same things we did for my mom again. Both of them have these horrible conditions so I tried to take every precaution that I can think of to help keep them and their home safe. We continue to care for both of them and therefore, our constant battle is to keep them safe, their home safe and keep their independence for as long as we can. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to help prevent potential problems and also keeping them as safe as we possibly can. I hope this helps you and your loved ones is some capacity.

I am sure that I have not thought of every possible thing and or scenario and I also am aware that there may be easier ways to do some of the things that I have listed and implemented. However, I have learned and I will continue to learn as time goes on. My goal is to list the things I have done to assist someone that is looking to care and provide better safety for their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I decided to start this Blog

My priorities are the safety of my loved ones and also the safety of their home. I will be posting  some of the preventions and items I have...