Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Safety- Install a Smoke Detector in the Garage

Install a Smoke Detector in the Garage- Most homes do not have smoke detectors installed in garages which I cannot fully understand why. This is essential for being warned if a garage fire were to start. Make sure it is linked to the other fire detectors in the home and make sure it is a hard wired type. To avoid other potential problems make sure it is the same brand and model type as the other fire detectors in the home. I decided not to put in a combo fire/carbon monoxide detector due to if a car is parked in the garage it may trigger off the carbon monoxide detector by starting a car. I used First Alert hard wired 10 year battery from Lowes below.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/First-Alert-AC-Hardwired-120-Volt-Smoke-Detector/1000456473

Another idea is to have a hard wired Heat Alarm in the garage that ties into the rest of your smoke detectors. See link below https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-Hard-Wired-Battery-Ionization/dp/B00WAHSKB2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1XXM103VE5B45&keywords=first+alert+heat+detector+for+garage&qid=1688072905&sprefix=first+alert+heat+detector+for+garage%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I decided to start this Blog

My priorities are the safety of my loved ones and also the safety of their home. I will be posting  some of the preventions and items I have...