Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Safety- Install Doorbell Camera and Outdoor Cameras for safety and security

Install Doorbell Camera and Outdoor Cameras for safety and security – I installed a Ring Doorbell camera so that I can be aware and be able to see who is ringing Mom’s doorbell.

I have the ability to speak to the person via the camera before she attempts to open the door. I also installed outdoor cameras in the front and back of the house to add more visibility and security. Indoor cameras are the sticking point for me because although they can be extremely helpful in certain situations however, they are infringing on privacy. In the case of my Mom a few years back it was critical. My wife happened to be looking at one of the indoor cameras when she saw the home health aide strike my mom in the mouth repeatedly and then pull her hair. Since people with these type of mental diseases usually cannot remember anything a few seconds goes by she would not have been able to be of any help. We called the police on the way to her house and the Ring Indoor camera video was crucial evidence for the police in convicting her. So consider installing indoor cameras as well as they can be extremly help if they were to fall inside the home, etc.

I also installed an additional door chime because hearing also can become an issue as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I decided to start this Blog

My priorities are the safety of my loved ones and also the safety of their home. I will be posting  some of the preventions and items I have...